protecting your privacy
This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
We know that there’s a lot of information here, but we want you to be fully informed about your rights, and how Livingwood Windows uses your data.
We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but if not, please do get in touch with us.
It’s likely that we’ll need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We’ll notify you of any significant changes, but you’re welcome to come back and check it whenever you wish.
who we are
Livingwood Windows Ltd
Registered office address: Eldo House, Kempson Way, Suffolk Business Park,
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP32 7AR
Company number: 5689189
explanation for processing the information
We are processing the information you provide under the legal grounds of our legitimate interest, we will use the information provided for legitimate business purposes such as contacting you in response to an enquiry submitted through our website. We have carried out a legitimate interest assessment on the data we collect to support this decision.
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters.
When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
For example, if you order an item from us for home delivery, we’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting the Partnership to law enforcement .
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
For example, we will use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers.
We also combine the shopping history of many customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand, or develop new products/services. We will also use your address details to send you direct marketing information by post, telling you about products and services that we think might interest you.
When do we collect your personal data
• When you visit any of our websites requesting information about our windows and doors
• When you purchase windows and doors from us.
• When you engage with us on social media.
• When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
• When you ask one of our Suppliers to email you information about a product or service.
• When you book any kind of appointment with us visit our showroom or request a site visit.
• When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
• When you comment on or review our products and services.
• Any individual may access personal data related to them, including opinions. So if your comment or review includes information about the Partner who provided that service, it may be passed on to them if requested.
• When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
• We collect data from publicly-available sources (such as Land Registry) when you have given your consent to share information or where the information is made public as a matter of law.
You have rights over the information that Livingwood Windows have collected from you, these include the following:
• Right to be informed
• We provide ‘fair processing information’ through our privacy notice.
• Right of access
• We will confirm that we process your data, and to provide access to any personal information we hold about you.
• Right of rectification
• If any data we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate we will correct the information we hold.
• Right to erasure (the right to be forgotten)
• Where there is no compelling reason for the continued processing of your information we will erase this.
• Right to restrict processing
• We will stop processing or block your data on request. We may hold enough information to ensure that we can respect this restriction in the future. e.g. We may hold your email address on a list to prevent it being processed in the future.
• Right to data portability
• In certain circumstances you may request your data in a commonly used and machine readable form.
• Right to object
• You may object to us processing your data, unless the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
• If you’d like to access or correct the data we hold, please contact us.
• Rights related to automated decision making including profiling
• Livingwood Windows do not automate any decision making with your information.
• You can read more about your individual rights on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
• Protecting your information
• We know how much data security matters. We will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
• Your information is only accessed by people who need it to perform their role.
Your personal data is encrypted at rest and in transit as far as possible, we secure the information you submit through this site using ‘https’.
Your data may, occasionally, be sent outside the European Economic Area (EEA). As described in this notice. In these cases your information will remain secure and confidential.
We will retain personal information only for so long as the information is necessary to fulfil your request, or until you exercise one of your rights.
We needed an elegant replacement for doors which form a prominent feature of our bungalow facing south-west overlooking the sea. Draught resistance and triple glazing were key requirements and the Tilt and Slide door from Livingwood Windows ticks all of the boxes. The recommended specialist fitters took great pains to ensure that the installation met with our needs and went smoothly.